Thereâ€™s no question that having your home robbed can be an extremely scary and stressful situation. Due to the shock, you may not know what to do when this happens. The good news is, you donâ€™t have to worry about making the wrong move. The tips here will help ensure you know what to do after your house is robbed.
If you need more information to help with a situation that occurred in Longmont, CO contacts the team at 1st American Insurance Agency.
Contact the Police
The first thing you should do when you discover that your home has been robbed is to contact the police. The fact is, if you touch things or even go into the home, you may unknowingly destroy some of the evidence needed to catch the person who broke into your house. Stay outside, contact the police and wait for them to arrive before doing anything.
Make a List of Everything Thatâ€™s Missing
Once the police have come and gathered the information and evidence necessary, it is time for you to go around your home and make a list of everything that is missing. This is imperative and something you will need to give to the insurance company if you want to receive a payment for what was lost.
Contact Your Insurance Company to File a Claim
The next step is to contact your insurance company and file a claim for everything that you discover is missing. In most cases, as long as your premiums are paid, you will have no question getting the compensation for the items that are missing.
If you donâ€™t currently have any insurance in place, or have questions about your coverage, then you need to contact 1st American Insurance Agency, which servesÂ Longmont, CO, and surrounding areas.
If you own recreational vehicles inÂ Longmont, CO, it is important to make sure that your policy covers all of your needs. It’s very easy to miss out on insuring a specific vehicle or to miss a loophole that is easy to fill. Therefore, take our advice fromÂ 1st American Insurance AgencyÂ and expand your policy properly.
Vehicles Covered By Recreational Insurance
If you have multiple recreational vehicles, you need to expand your service to ensure that you get everything covered. Just a few types of vehicles that are covered include:
- Boats â€“ Vehicles of 50 feet or less in length
- Personal Water Craft â€“ Jet Skis and other types of personal water vehicles
- Off-Road Craft â€“ Craft such as golf carts, ATVs, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and dune buggies
- Motor Homes â€“ Temporary living vehicles, such as RVs and other motorhomes
- Travel Trailers â€“ Trailers that haul your belongings or other items while on a trip
- Fifth Wheels â€“ Large campers that require a specialized attachment to haul
Each of these vehicles have slightly different coverage needs that must be taken into account by owners. For example, fifth wheels require coverage for the connection item as well as the motorhome living area.
Other Types Of Coverage Needs
There are other types of insurance coverage that are necessary for your recreational vehicle protection. These include:
- Temporary Living Insurance â€“ Good for those who plan on living in their home for a short period
- Travel Insurance â€“ For when you travel out of your general area with your recreational vehicle
- Liability Coverage â€“ Necessary for when you cause an accident and get in a lawsuit
Is Your Recreational Insurance Up To Speed?
If yourÂ Longmont, COÂ recreational insurance doesn’t feel quite up to this level, contact us atÂ 1st American Insurance AgencyÂ today. We can help you to find a policy that works for your recreational needs and ensure that you are fully insured.