As springtime blooms appear along the Front Range, families in Longmont, CO and the greater Denver metropolitan area have started to plan vacation adventures. Some RV owners may choose weekend getaways to nearby destinations such as Rocky Mountain National Park, while others have more distant destinations in mind, such as locations in Montana, Utah, and Wyoming.
Wherever you decide to go, the agents at 1st American Insurance Agency encourage you to make sure that your present coverage levels meet your needs and that your checklist includes a few important tasks:
Inside Your RV
- Inspect all of the safety equipment, including your road hazard kit and first aid kit, and make sure you have extra provisions of water and other necessities if you plan to travel to a remote area.
- Refresh the interior, check for mold or mildew, and inspect batteries, lights, and other amenities within the cabin and living areas.
Outside Your RV
- Check your tires for low pressure or any visible damage.
- Inspect doors, windows, and other areas for cracks or damage.
- Examine propane and other systems for possible leaks.
- Make sure that you have spare keys available for your journey.
Under the Hood and Other Storage Areas
- Examine wires, cables, batteries, and fluid levels with a plan to schedule service visits before your vacation is scheduled to begin.
- If you have not started the RV in more than a month, be sure to inspect areas around the engine to make sure that rodents or animals did not build any nests under the hood.
- Inspect filters and make sure that the water system has been flushed and cleaned out.
1st American Insurance Agency proudly serves those who live in and around Longmont, CO. We encourage you to contact our offices for more information about our recreational insurance policies.